2/9/10

No Toilet Paper!



We did it. We went to the store last night to prepare for the next snowstorm that is expected to dump another 10"-20" on us tonight. We are such a cliche! I couldn't help it, I needed cookies laundry detergent . Snowstorms generate an ungodly amount of laundry. No toilet paper though, I'm good on toilet paper until....the next millenium. We were talking about what to pick up at the store:

Me: "We need eggs, I used them all on Saturday."

The Hubs: "I'm hungry."


Me: "Wonder if there is any bread left on the shelves"

The Hubs: "Probably the only stuff left is in the "Goya" aisle."

We paid for our cookies, Tide and 10 cans of refried beans and headed home.

P.S. My friend Mike over at Too Many Mornings has submitted his final post in the Blog-Off 2010 and he needs all of us to head on over and vote for him. So, please, hop on over to Knucklehead's place and vote for Mike!

12 comments:

vange said...

Buy a sled!

Jen said...

10 cans of refried beans? You might want to open a window just a crack to let in some fresh air.

What is the Goya aisle?

Me-Me King said...

Man, is this the end of the world? We're expecting MORE rain, I best make tracks to the store. I'll use your list, thanks!

Anonymous said...

My husband toddled out yesterday and went out twice today - it's bright and sun-shiney - can't believe a storm is coming - so for the second day in a row we have fresh baked donuts, fresh baked bread (and some of that manufactured gummy stuff in the freezer - just in case) but I expect even if we do get a whole bunch more snow by Friday we will be able to be out and about getting fresh donuts...

BeadedTail said...

I can't imagine! Glad you got your cookies and refried beans though!

Ann said...

We're expecting snow tonight too at least it's not as much as you though. Good thing you got the cookies, I mean tide. :)

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

I'd need cookies too!! LOL! Cookies are definitely a staple!! =)

Grampys World said...

Cookies would have been enough for me. We are expecting 8-14 inches. But we lucked out on the last storm.

The Bee said...

Holy Shit!!!! He makes me laugh mom - literally LOL'ing over hear about "The Goya isle"

Unknown said...

Cookies and refried beans? Good thing you guys are good on your toilet paper :)

Mommy Kennedy said...

Too funny! Love the Goya joke!

Mommy Kennedy said...

Feel free to come link up your WW post!

http://thefrugalkennedys.blogspot.com/search/label/Wordless%20Wednesday