11/24/09

Random Tuesday Thoughts - Adam Lambert Oh My!

Oh my GAWD he did Not! Adam Lambert was a favorite of mine right from the start of last season's American Idol. His music is not exactly my style but it's more like the whole package appeals. He is a SHOWMAN! In every sense of the word. When he gets onstage to sing, he sucks you in to the whole experience. His performance on the stage at the AMA on Sunday brought to mind a Michael Jackson style show. Ok, it was a little edgy, some say off the cliff especially for TV. But damn, that was some performance.

I daresay that Glambert does a Fred & Ginger production of 2009! Remember watching those old black & whites? The costumes, the moves, the stage set?

Did you see it? Do you enjoy his showmanship or is it just too much?





Randomness?! I have received several emails asking for a reprint of my Caramel Glazed Apple Cake for a Thanksgiving Dessert. Go here for the recipe and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

13 comments:

Lee said...

I thought it was very Rocky horror picture show and when he shoved that dudes face in his crotch...ummmm..over the top??

Me-Me King said...

Thank you for the replay, I missed the award show. I'll have to start paying closer attention to Adam Lambert.

vettech said...

I didn't think it was at all shocking...kind of reminded me of Spinal Tap's "Smell the Glove"...but the song itself was lame

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

It was over the top but I love his voice. Thanks for posting the apple cake recipe reminder. I made it this fall and it is so delicious. Yum. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a bit over the top but enjoyed it immensely but would you believe my tv screen went dark for a few seconds and I could hear someone coughing - I guess someone at the local station or at comcast decided it was all a bit much - This is Filthadelphia for pity's sake - who could possible have been offended?

As a little old lady - I think Adam Lambert is HOT

I am Harriet said...

I'm like the only person who has no idea who he is :)


Have a great RTT!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/is-it-finally-over-will-jon-jump-off-of.html

The Bee said...

Glamert = Fred & Ginger? I dont know about that but it was certainly a "show" - seemed like a pretty desperate attempt at publicity to me.

Jude said...

I feel cheated, I love watching Adam and I missed the awards and now they even removed your video so I can't watch it here either so now I'll have to go track it down somewhere.

Liz Mays said...

I think he thrives on his showmanship and loves to push the edge. He did exactly that. At first I wanted to be offended and say it was horrible, but then I decided I'm not going to be an old fuddy duddy at this young age. He put on a show! I still like him.

BeadedTail said...

He's certainly over the top but he got everyone talking about him so gotta give him that!

Grampy said...

I didn't watch it.But I sure have been hearing a lot about it.Your Video is no longer active.

Cruise Addict said...

How is my favorite Buggy Family doing this beautiful day??? I think this guy is unique and my wife and daughters like him, but everyone agreed in my house, the song and his voice were not very good on this song. By the way, I know YouTube took down the video, but I do have a copy of it on my site if you missed seeing this truly great(cough) performance :-).

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

Darn, I'm too late to see it. It's been removed. My hubby saw it and told me about it. I fell asleep before he came on. I think Adam is a fantastic entertainer but didn't have to go as far as he did to entertain. I'm talking about the crotch part.