1/14/10

Alice.Com Shoppers? Looking For Opinions


I've seen this around the blogosphere for a while now. I've noticed several blogs promoting the service and I am thinking it might be a valuable service for my mom to use. It would be a big help for her to have things delivered to her front door rather than hauling heavy items to and from the car.

Lately Mom has been leaving things in the car until my sister and I visit and then we carry all of it in the house for her. This is fine unless we can't make it up there in a timely fashion. Then come summer time, it may not be a good idea to have liquids exploding in the hot car if left for a week.

It all sounds good, register for free, all shipping is free, coupons automatically apply. I'm wondering if any of you have been using it for yourselves and what your experience has been. Are the prices reasonable? Is the shipping timely and reliable? I'm very curious so let me know please.

13 comments:

Together We Save said...

I have not tried it myself... but I have seen others mention it too.

VanillaSeven said...

Free are mostly good. Not to mentioned the convenience.

Lee said...

Never even heard of it.

Me-Me King said...

Wow, I'd be interested in learning more for a friend of mine that is in dire need to some additional help. Let me know what you find, I'll try searching on my own too. Thanks!

Aimee said...

I have used this service a few times and have been very happy with it.

Jen said...

I have never heard of it.

Anonymous said...

I've used it once. We were pleased. They don't carry everything of course. I use a particular toothpaste, they had the brand but not the type I use. Some of their items could be had more cheaply at the local grocery stores or even other on-line stores. So I bought what I could find at a price lower than any where else. I think I spent about $60. It took 4 days to arrive via UPS.

I don't know your location but many supermarket chains have web sites where you can choose what you want and they deliver it. That's what we do for all of our "heavy" stuff - kitty litter,soda, canned goods etc.

Ann said...

I've heard of it but beyond that I don't know anything about it.

The Bee said...

I hadn't heard of this place before but sounds like a good idea.

Liz Mays said...

I think my daughter used it once and had a good experience but other than that, I'm not sure!

Rebecca said...

I just did a review of my first experience.
http://freakyfrugalite.com/i-got-my-order-from-alice-com/

They don't have food, but they have stuff like coffee, peanuts, crackers, pet food... and all the household stuff. They don't carry all brands, but they carry enough to make me happy. I hate going to WalMart so Alice is a real time and effort saver. It's free to sign up and look around the site, so maybe that will help you get a good idea, too.

I like Alice. I have a button in my sidebar that will save you some $$ if you click it and start an account with Alice.

Goddess said...

I've used Alice.com once. Shipping is free and I was really impressed with how quickly my items arrived. It was only a couple of days before it was on my doorstep. I only bought some high-discount items (that I would have bought anyway) and saved myself a relative fortune on them. From what I've seen their standard prices are about typical of a Wal-Mart or Meijer price. The sales are great.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

It's mostly just Health and Beauty products, but it's not terribly expensive, and it's easy to use. However, she might be better off just getting her groceries delivered from the local supermarket if she needs food items.