1/2/10

Wii Battle


New Years Eve was lots of fun. We laughed continuously, we snacked a lot, drank a bit. The battle of the bands? Didn't go quite as we had planned. Ok, we lost miserably. Can you believe it? Oh, style points....We ROCKED with our Sgt. Pepper look! Our opposing band consisted of my hubs, bil, and 2 nephews. Of course the nephews play Rock Band all the time and are able to play Metallica behind the back and with their eyes closed. Consequently, The Beatles songs were a snap. Drat! The gents went first and scored VERY high. Then the Sisters were up. We caved under pressure, yep, a couple of meltdowns during Ticket To Ride and that was the end of it! REMATCH!


We broke to regroup and have another drink. Then on to competitive Wii bowling. All out, take no prisoners, we needed a win badly! Well, the injuries got us. On the third frame I'm pretty certain I pulled a ha
mstring. I tried to walk it off, played through the pain because it's all about the team. This Wii stuff is not for sissies. For now I am on the injured reserve list

but recouperating nicely. I am at home nursing the Wii hammie and I will be back!

18 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Oh my gosh, you were really getting into it if you pulled a hamstring! You're a fierce competitor.

I do love some Wii bowling!!!


Happy New Year!

Me-Me King said...

I love playing Rock Band with my son and grandkids - it rocks! Regardless if you won or loss, what a great time you had, except for the pulled hamstring...ouch!

BeadedTail said...

I've never played Rock Band but that bowling is rough stuff! LOL Glad you had a great new years celebration!

Unknown said...

My hubs desperately wants a Wii and I keep telling him no. I'm sure it would be lots of fun from the looks of this, but I think it would become his new love. LOL! Happy New Year!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

That sounds like SO much fun! We don't have a Wii, but after seeing some of the games, I think it would be so much fun!
Happy New Year!

Kathy said...

I cannot do Wii bowling. I had an injury right out of the box, so to speak. I do love tennis, though. It looks and sounds like you had a blast. Happy New Year Buggy!

Maria @ Conversations with Moms said...

I love the Wii bowling and Tennis.

LOL, I love the outfits. It sounds like it was a blast.

Unknown said...

I know all about that Wii. But it is SO much fun!!

Ann said...

A woman I work with was saying that those Wii's can be dangerous...lol She hurt herself trying out someone elses. Sounds like you had a great time though. Take care of that hammie.

JD at I Do Things said...

Oh, that sounds so fun! I wish we had a Wii, but I don't know that my husband would play with me. I think I'd be playing a lot of guitar solos.

Happy New Year!

The Bee said...

It was rigged! Come over to my blog - I posted a video of our next band member. Hopefully with this kid we can get some revenge!!

BK said...

It certainly seemed like a lot of fun for your new year. Happy New Year to you and yours and may everyone be blessed with a year of Love, Joy and Peace.

Grampy said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. The WII is great. Maya and I Bowl all the time. We also go for walks. I'll have to teach Claudia how to go for walks with the WII. It is getting awful cold outside.

glutamine said...

Things it checks for: correct ev's, correct iv's, legit stats, legit attacks *it used to let hacked move sets though* and ability's. it also wont let though not event darkrai's. wont let though shaymin or arcius yet.

Lin said...

I'm always pulling something when I play Wii--especially bowling. I'm sore for DAYS. Ugh.

I think you should have ran when you saw the faux drum cover on his drum set. That's the BIG clue that homeboy is way into Rock Band and you'd never beat him. You get points for the outfits, though. :)

Unknown said...

the wii is awesome isn't it?

glutamine said...

Whenever i try to connect the wii doesn't detect the ds and the ds gives a white screen. What am i supposed to do . I have defeated the elite four.

Nanuni Kokoritu said...

Nice pictures!