Email to sister and daughter:
Alright. Lorrie and I are floundering here. We are drowning in our lack of edgy, cool, facebook knowledge. We need someone to spend a little time, half hour maybe, and teach us the ropes. Apparently we committed a faux pas recently and left a message on the wrong spot, wall, or ceiling or some kind of thing. *Horrors*
I believe that between the two of us and the two of you, we are the ones who taught you, respectively, how to ride a bike, play canasta, apply makeup, use a tampon, and drive a car. A little help here please?
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury I submit the following:
- Aunt Sherri taught me how to drive a car
- No one taught me how to use a tampon – in fact I still view it as a dangerous undertaking
- No one taught me how to apply make-up – in fact I still view it as a dangerous undertaking
- You may have taught me how to play canasta but I have mastered it on my own
- Riding a bike is over-rated
Nevertheless, I will try my best to help you with Facebook
- There are 3 ways to send people messages on facebook:
- A private message which will show up in their “Inbox” – you do this by clicking on the “Send ‘their name’ a Message” under their profile picture on their home page
- An instant message – you do this via the “Chat Box” on the bottom right of the screen. This box will show you all of your friends that are currently signed on and the process is (hopefully) self-explanatory from there.
- Leaving a message on their “Wall.” This is basically a quick message you leave on their page for them (and all their friends and your friends and friends of friends to see)
I’m curious to know what you two did wrong. I didn’t notice anything. Did someone yell at you??
LOL, Jenn ... loved your jury submissions, I have a few of my own
1. I taught myself how to use a tampon - that was a forever process in the bathroom
2. I taught myself how to put on make up - might explain some things :)
3. Donna was the one I had a sex talk (because my mother told me to) with and her best advice was to have him use 2, 2 I say condomns at one time - any feeling in that one?
4. Driving a car - hmmm, Donna may have taken me a few place
However, I give credit where credit is due ... you all taught me how to swim and to ice skate!
Like Rodney...I get no respect!