11/8/09

Gift Giving


I don't know about you but my husband and I both have very large, close families. It makes holiday buying a challenge sometimes...ok all the time. Normally I start the shopping before now but this year I'm behind! No matter, I'll be doing the majority of my shopping online anyway so I really don't have to fight the crowds too much.


I just ordered a couple of things this morning from the New York Times Store! Absolutely perfect gifts for two of the people on my list. The only family members who read my blog are my sisters so I can talk here. My FIL is a crossword nut. He has a clipboard and pen within reaching distance at all times! I ordered a membership to the NY Times Crossword Society. Great Idea? He'll get like 6 puzzles every month for a year. He will totally love it. I also ordered a coffee mug for one of my nephews. He is a Yankees fan (don't know how or why) so I ordered a mug commemorating their 27th championship. I think he'll like it.


Normally I am an Amazon junkie but I guess I can branch out a little bit.


Two down only another gazillion to go!

9 comments:

Cruise Addict said...

You just gave me a great idea for a gift for my wife, she LOVES crossword puzzles also. A nice stocking stuffer idea from the Bugster :-) Thanks

Unknown said...

I always wait til the last minute. Maybe I'll get a few things online since I'm here so much!!

Anonymous said...

I am a New York Times xword junkie myself - great gift.

Veronica Lee said...

My dad is a xword junkie and lately he's into Sudoku. He's 85 years old and he has completed 1000 puzzles in less than a month!!

The Bee said...

I've bought two gifts already too. I think everyone else is going to have to wait until I get back from Hollandfor theirs.

Jude said...

So far we bought for 2 grandchildren and have 3 more to go plus the parents, but usually we just give money to them and that's all the family we give gifts to except handing out homemade cookies as gifts, but I don't count those.

Lee said...

I order my stuff online too. Just got my son all his stuff...wii games etc...

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I was kind of hoping for an iTouch for Christmas. You know, while you're out shopping and everything. Let me know if you need my mailing address.

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

We have a large family too. We started drawing names many years ago to save ourselves some money.
I haven't even started shopping yet!